In Kali, the command dmitry (Deepmagic Information Gathering Tool), is a Linux/GNU program that is written in C and will do whois lookups, port scans, email search and more.
The following is a list of the current features:
- An Open Source Project.
- Perform an Internet Number whois lookup.
- Retrieve possible uptime data, system and server data.
- Perform a SubDomain search on a target host.
- Perform an E-Mail address search on a target host.
- Perform a TCP Portscan on the host target.
- A Modular program allowing user specified modules
To open dmitry in Kali from the GUI.
1. Go to Applications – Informatiton Gathering and click on dmitry.
2. In your new terminal window you will see a list of parrameters that can be appended to the dmitry program.
3. -o will allow you to save the output of dmitry in a text file.
It’s a nice simple tool and I may use it but I am sure there will be times I just use nmap or whois. I could never get the netcraft parameter to pull any information in so it may not be able to interact with the site anymore. Let me know your stories with dmitry.